Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Protect valuable assets

It was a T-shirt day. What better on a T-shirt day than to wear a T-shirt, and shorts, and cycle to work in the unusual London sunshine? I whizzed past cars. I felt great. What's he indicating for? Oh shit.
I found myself lying on the road, a few feet away from the Mercedes that had suddenly blocked my path. I looked for my bike; it was some way behind.
The driver was apologetic. He noticed my arm was bleeding. I said I was fine. I figured out I must have landed on my head. The bike was fine apart from a crushed saddle. I cycled off, bought bandages from Boots, and got to the office a little late.

Damaged Helmet
Scary Crack

Now everything is repaired and my arm and shoulder are healing well. I'm left amazed and relieved that my head is uninjured after a hefty collision with the tarmac of Southwark Street.
So, thanks to the cycle helmet people - mine did the job, and I've bought a new one exactly the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home